First, I would like to thank the members of the HOA Board for their time and effort over the past few days. Without everyone working together, we would not be at the point that we are concerning the pool opening.
I am happy to report the pool will be OPEN starting at 12 noon on Wednesday, June 3rd. However, this opening comes with additional guidelines and safeguards in place. Please be advised we have spoken with Pool Professionals, and other HOA’s as we have come to the final plan in order to be able to open our pool safely. All residents will need to adhere to the following rules:
- Based up on the CDC and county regulations the pool capacity is set for the time
being at 42 residents. This capacity is based upon the number of Family Tables and the number of chairs we can fit while observing the 6’ social distancing guidelines.
- Because of the headcount limitation the pool will be for RESIDENTS ONLY. No
outside guests are allowed at this time.
- Due to headcount, we ask that Residents limit the amount of time to between 2 and 3 hours to allow for availability to others.
- Updated rules for pool usage are attached and will be posted at the clubhouse.
- The 4 tables set up around the pool deck will be for families only.
- All deck chairs will have designated spaces marked on the deck, 6 feet apart to meet social distancing guidelines. Chairs may not be moved from their marked locations for any reason.
While we understand that the additional limitations are not ideal, they will allow us to use the pool safely, fairly and in accordance with the State of North Carolina guidelines.Please be advised that if these guidelines are not followed or if there are too many issues resulting from the limitations, then we will reassess our ability to keep the pool open.
Also, if our community is found to be out of compliance with the county regulations it is possible that the county could revoke our occupancy permit and we would be forced to close the pool at that point.
As our pool does not employ either a lifeguard or pool monitor, we ask that all residents please be vigilant in cleaning and sanitizing any areas which they use during their time at the pool.
The association does not make any of these decisions mentioned above lightly. These actions are being taken to protect the health and welfare of this community. We pledge to keep residents informed of all relevant developments and how they will affect any development operations.
It is also incumbent upon residents to take this situation seriously and do their part to minimize the spread of this deadly disease. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Stay safe and stay healthy!!
Whitehall HOA Board