Yes, there’s pollen… and pine cones…and whatever those wormy-looking things are that ALSO come from the pine trees. But spring is always gorgeous in Whitehall. Many thanks to Kathryn DeRubio for capturing the beauty of the season with these photos. Enjoy!
It’s finally starting to feel like winter! Curl up with a blanket and a mug of cocoa, and read the latest news you can use from the Board:
- Dues increase, 1/1/2021. HOA dues are going up to $295/mo, beginning with your payment due January 1, 2021. You should have received new coupon books a few months back – let Gloria know if you didn’t.
- Maintenance workers thank you gifts. Thanks to our residents’ generosity, we were able to give $175 to each landscape and maintenance worker. Our gifts made a huge difference in their holiday celebrations.
- January board meeting, via Zoom. Our next board meeting will take place on 1/18/2021, via Zoom. You will receive an email from Gloria with more details shortly. In the meanwhile, email any questions you want answered to firstname.lastname@example.org . (There will also be time for additional questions during the meeting.)
- Leafageddon photo gallery. See photos submitted by your friends and neighbors on the website: http://www.whitehallraleigh.com/2020/12/leafageddon-photos/
- Holiday décor photo contest. Decorations are going up and we are looking very festive! But who has the most seasonal spirit? Send pics of your holiday decorations to email@example.com and we’ll post them on the website.
Whitehall HOA Board
Lots of dog pics submitted for this! Here are some of your neighbors and furry friends frolicking in fall.
The board met last week, on Monday 11/16, for an action-packed, socially-distanced discussion. Here is a recap of the most pressing topics, and some important info for you:
- Thank-you gifts for maintenance workers. Thank you to everyone who has already donated! Last year we raised $1400, and we’re a little more than halfway there, so please consider donating by November 30th . Send to: Marlene Vandenberg, 1825 Falls Church Rd., Raleigh, NC 27609.
- Old work orders. If you submitted a work order between January 1st and June 30th, 2020 and it has NOT been done, let Gloria know via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . If we do not hear from you by December 1, 2020, we will close them out and you will then need to submit a new work order request.
- New work orders. Starting in January, we will institute a new system to make sure maintenance requests get done in a timely fashion. After your request has been completed, you will receive a “door hanger” notice from the vendor. If the work has not been done to your satisfaction, the notice will provide you with instructions on how to get it addressed. Otherwise, the stub of the notice will be returned to Marlene V. and Gloria, who will close out the order in Sentry.
- Zoom-enabled board meetings. We miss seeing everybody! Starting with our January meeting, and continuing quarterly, we will resume the public Q&A portion of our board meetings via Zoom. Email email@example.com with any questions you want answered no later than 4 days before the meeting. We will also allow time for additional questions during the meeting. You will get a notice with the meeting link in early January.
Many thanks from your 2020-2021 Board of Directors:
Andrew Iatridis, President
Amy Stroud, Vice-President
Sheldon Roberts, Treasurer
Charles Machalicky, Secretary
Marlene VandeBerg, At-large (maintenance, roofing and gutters)
Marlene Twiss, At-large (landscaping and tree pruning)
Kathleen DeRubio, At-large (brickwork and sidewalks)